Thunder in the Heartland- Heartland Motorsports Park
Earn your W2W competition license at this event!
Jam packed weekend! HPDE Race School, Time Trials, and Racing
One of our largest events of the season. The HPDE RACE SCHOOL will sell out. Time Trials and Race Groups will be full. Awards ceremony follows event at the tech building/classroom.
Check out all the cool info about HPDE at this link. Watch the video's. HPDE - National Auto Sport Association (drivenasa.com)
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- HPDE 1 - This is where you need to be if you are new driver. HPDE includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend. This event will follow a lead follow format due to covid-19. This includes required download sessions following each event. Please print HPDE tech form below and bring it with you to the track.
- HPDE 2 - For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own, but just want more time with the novice group. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment.
- HPDE 3 – Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate.
- HPDE 4 - Open passing, still monitored by group leader. May run with Time Trials.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing.
- **Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, email@example.com, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you'd like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.