Thunder in the Heartland- Heartland Motorsports Park
Earn your W2W competition license at this event!
Jam packed weekend! HPDE Race School, Time Trial, and Racing
- Track Website: http://heartlandmotorsports.us/
- Gate Hours 12 PM Friday - Arrivals
- Contact: Devon or Travis for RV info. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
One of NASA CENTRAL REGIONS largest events of the season. The HPDE RACE SCHOOL will sell out. Happy Hour and Awards ceremony follows event Saturday night at the tech building/classroom.
Grand Prix with slow 8 on Saturday.
Modified NASCAR Circuit A with fast 8 on Sunday.
1 event, 2 great tracks.
Modified NASCAR Circuit A with fast 8 on Sunday.
Check out all the cool info about HPDE at this link. Watch the video's. HPDE - National Auto Sport Association (drivenasa.com)
- Please print/complete you HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for your instructor\tech.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- HPDE 1 - NOVICE. NASA's HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 - NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 - ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. Time Trial licenses from other clubs are generally transferrable to NASA. Let us check yours. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - NASA National Licensed Competition Drivers and drivers who hold competition licenses with other clubs are welcome. Most Comp licenses transfer to NASA. Welcome and Congratulations on becoming a nationally recognized competition driver. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance - Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 14, at HMP.
**Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? This event is holding an instructor clinic Friday May 13th. Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, email@example.com, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you'd like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.
*All drivers: Full refund less $75.00 processing fee 7 days out. $125.00 processing fee within 3 to 7 days of event. No refunds on garages or within 3 days of event. We will however offer a 50% credit toward your next event during the current season. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREC full refund less 125 7+ days out. Full refund less 250., within 7 days of event.
No refunds after event has started.
The Toyota HPDE cancellation policy requires a minimum of 14-days notice before your scheduled event. If for any reason you are unable to attend, please send us an email at info@GRtrackdrive.com or call us at 844-477-8772. You will forfeit your complimentary track day if we do not hear from you 14-days prior to your event. Regretfully, we cannot make any exceptions to this policy. Please know that NASA events do not cancel due to rain.