Ozarks Grand Prix
NASA Central and NASA Great Lakes together
at The Inaugural Ozarks International Raceway Grand Prix
June 24, 25, 26
Track info: Ozarks International Raceway, 29211 MO-135, Gravois Mills, MO 65037
Welcome SPEC Corvette National Championship Drivers!
Welcome Heartland Vintage Racing and all the Vintage drivers joining them!
This event has something for everyone!
Test and Tune Friday. 2 group format. 4 30 min sessions each. Group A/Comp drivers in race car. Group B/DE 3+.
Endurance Race, Friday, June 24. T+5. Same format as hugely successful April TREC Endurance Races. Use this as seat time, test or come run the race to win. 7 hours of seat time team or solo options. Jay Andrew is Race Director for our TREC Endurance Series.
TREC-Registration and Team Creation Instructions
**Supplemental NASA Central rules. TREC Endurance: Driving Experience is required-HPDE 3 or equivalent to be eligible to participate in this TREC event. All crew members, refueler and fire bottle man, over the wall during fueling are required to be in full safety gear to include full face helmet with visor. The refueler and fire bottle man must be in a 3.2/A-5, SFI 3.3 or better rated shoes/gloves/balaclava/socks. The fuel port shall not be opened until the engine is off. Work on the car and driver changes completed while engine is off.
June 25, 26
HPDE, Driving/Race School
Join us for this INCREDIBLE full weekend of Driving on the newest track in the US.
HPDE - National Auto Sport Association (drivenasa.com) Download and bring your SELF TECH form from this link.
- **Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- HPDE 1 - NOVICE. NASA's HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 - NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 - ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. Welcome and Congratulations on completing the DE program and gaining a National NASA Time Trial license. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - NASA National Licensed Competition Drivers only. Welcome and Congratulations on becoming a nationally recognized competition driver. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance - Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 14, at HMP.
WE DRIVE HARDER!
photo credit: Tim Lair