House of Speed Showdown with NASA MidAmerica
Heartland Motorsport Park
High Performance Driver Education
W2W Sanctioned Racing
Open Track on Friday
Heartland Vintage Racing
Join us for one big race event. It looks like this is the last Road Course event at HMP. Don't miss this chance to get with friends and family at the track we all know and love for some great racing.
One of our largest and most fun events of the season! Racer's join us from 3+ NASA Regions. This event is always one of our largest Time Trial events of the season. Our HPDE Driving Schools typically sell out. Join us at our hometown favorite track!
The incredible cars of Heartland Vintage Racing will race at this event!
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- More information and all rules are available online at: DriveNASA.com
- HPDE 1 - NOVICE. NASA's HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 - NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 - ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trial (TT) - TT license is required to register. Time Trial licenses from other clubs are generally transferrable to NASA. Let us check yours. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - NASA National licensed competition drivers and drivers who hold competition licenses with other clubs are welcome. Most Comp licenses transfer to NASA. Welcome and Congratulations on becoming a nationally recognized competition driver. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance - Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Comprehensive school designed for drivers who are ready to enter the world of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 6, at HMP. Contact, Donna at: firstname.lastname@example.org for info on upcoming competition schools.
**Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, email@example.com, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
- Transponder Rentals available in registration.
- Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
- Annual Tech/New logbook
- Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you'd like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.