Ozarks International Raceway
NASA MidAmerica and NASA Great Lakes
High Performance Driver Education
W2W Sanctioned Racing
TREC Endurance Racing
Track and Test Day on Friday
Rush SR Battle of the South
Banquet and Championship Podium Celebration Saturday Night
This is it! What we all worked for all season. Don't miss this event. 3 NASA Regions coming together for 1 great event. NASA MidAmerica and Great Lakes Regional Championships, with NASA Florida joining in on the fun! Join our great regions as we combine, incredible W2W racing, time trial, TREC Endurance and our HPDE drive/race schools at the newest track in the country! Welcome to NASA Florida as they join us as a regional crossover! Championship and Event Awards Banquet will be held Saturday Night!
TREC Endurance Event: T+4. November 3, 2 to 6 pm.
TREC Rules: https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/23653/TREC_2023.docx.pdf
- 2023 Rule set. **Supplemental NASA Central rules. TREC Endurance: Intermediate Driver Experience is required-HPDE 3 or equivalent to be eligible to participate in this TREC event. All crew members, refueler and fire extinguisher handler over the wall during fueling are required to be in full safety gear to include full face helmet with visor. The refueler and fire bottle man must be in a 3.2/A-5, SFI 3.3 or better rated shoes/gloves/balaclava/socks. The fuel port shall not be opened until the engine is off. Work on the car and driver changes completed while engine is off. Region may have fire suits available to rent for crew members.
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- More information and all rules are available online at: DriveNASA.com
- HPDE 1 - NOVICE. NASA's HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 - NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 - ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trial (TT) - TT license is required to register. Time Trial licenses from other clubs are generally transferrable to NASA. Let us check yours. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - NASA National licensed competition drivers and drivers who hold competition licenses with other clubs are welcome. Most Comp licenses transfer to NASA. Welcome and Congratulations on becoming a nationally recognized competition driver. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance - Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Comprehensive school designed for drivers who are ready to enter the world of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 6, at HMP. Contact, Donna at: email@example.com for info on upcoming competition schools.
**Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
If you have been wanting to get on Ozarks International Raceway NASA MidAmerica is the way to do it. We offer the best prices and the most comprehensive HPDE program in motorsports.
NASA MidAmerica held the 1st AND largest 2 events at OIR. We know this track. We teach this track. We RACE this track! 3 Events in 2023, with 11 races.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
- Transponder Rentals available in registration.
- Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
- Annual Tech/New logbook
- Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you'd like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.